1655 05 15 : Instruction to enquire about a fine passed by sale

Bundle 47, Doc 33. 19.5 cm x 15.5 cm.

To inquire of Mr LODG for a fine suffered to Mr HOLT and for ye use of Mr Homphrey WHARTON ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ May 15th 1655 Remember to Call upon Mr LODG to take a Coppie of that fine past by my Lord WHARTON to HOLLAND and whether it was not past to HOLLAND as in Right of Mr Humfrey WHARTON when my Lord WHARTON Sould him the particular Lands in Westmorland whether it was not past upon the accoumpt of that Sale:/ and after the Sale of those Lands to Mr WHARTON:/ or upon that accoumpt of Selling them to Mr HUTTON and Mr WHARTON or no:/ See whether Shap grainge be particularly mencined in the Same or not and if you take not acopie of the fine take the date therof and how and in what mannor it past: if you find it for your purpose have it Examplified under Seale:/ Remember the first intayle made by my Lord WHARTON the 12th of June 1611 to Sr Thomas WHARTON and the Heires males of his body if it be upon Record Sr Thomas CARIE and Mr Humfrey WHARTON was fefeys in trust for this Intayle