Dickinson of Streetgate: the property
The name 'Streegate' is a reference to the Roman road that passes through the property - the name probably best translated from local dialect as 'straight road' rather than 'street gate'.
The fact that the name has stuck might suggest that the farm had historical significance.
The property, like most tiny hamlets in the area, actually consists of two residences. These today are a working farm and a rental. The property is still owned by descendants of the Dickinson family.
Streetgate in 1837 (77 acres)
Streetgate is the farm in light green.
This doesn't quite reflect the boundaries of the early farm, in that the area has undergone a lot of enclosure and reorganisations.
Note that the farm has a very good water supply.
The yellow is the demesne land of the Lord of the Manor, for whom the Dickinsons were stewards.